The countdown to Europe is ON. This weekend, I packed and inventoried four boxes of crafts that I'll be shooting as props for my craft-photography courses. With all the crafting, packing and writing this weekend, I completely forgot to post a photo for "Photo Saturday" yesterday! Drat. Please accept this as my belated Photo Saturday Photo:
While, not an especially wonderful photo of me, it was taken at a similarly exciting and busy time, and accurately displays the chaos in my life.
ALSO, I recently received two great blogging awards from my friends and readers, but I haven't had a moment to discuss them, which is unfortunate because I love awards and so appreciate them! I just can't let another week slip away before addressing these.
The Urban Nester awarded me with The Versatile Blogger Award, and here are the rules to receiving/giving: When you receive the versatile blogger award...you thank the person who gave you the award (thanks, Molly!) & link back to their blog in your post.
Next, you share seven things about yourself (see below). Finally, pass the award on to seven bloggers, and contact the them to let them know. (Doing that now!)
I also received the Inspiration Award from my dear blogging buddy The Creative Muslimah! To receive this award "officially", I must also thank and link back to the person who awarded this to me (Thanks TCM!!), and share posts by fellow bloggers that I find inspirational. Finally, I must give the award to fellow bloggers. (I wish I had time to pinpoint exact posts I have found inspirational...)
Ok. 7 things about me. (I had to make sure I haven't already shared these 7 things. There really aren't all that many "things" to share.)
1. I am completely and wholly consumed with my Europe trip right now. I'm writing lessons and scripts and (trying to) memorize them, working out like a maniac trying to slim down (yes, I'm vain- that should maybe be thing #2) before I end up in front of the camera, and my house looks like Martha Stewart and I got into a glitter fight. It's EVERYWHERE.
2. I'm so so so so so excited to share these photography courses with you when they are done. There are some super rad crafts I've made just for the photography courses, and hopefully lots of tips that will make you go, "Oooooh ahhhhhh. I love it- great job, radmegan!"
3. I also cannot wait until all of the recording is done!!! I've been working my buns off and am ready for the vacation to begin!
Austria's longest luge track- open as a giant SLIDE in the summer?!? Yes please!!
6. I've just started (last night while I couldn't sleep) listening to Tina Fey's new (audio)book Bossypants. I've adored Tina Fey since she graced the cover of BUST Magazine several years ago, but when she won the Emmy for best comedic actress, she thanked her parents for “somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities. Well done. That is what all parents should do.” and my inner 8-year old with an eye-patch and home-perm found a soul-sister for life. I probably will only have time to listen to this book in the middle of the night and during my flight, but that's fine. I'm loving it so far.
7. My most favorite thing about friends who travel abroad is that they occasionally send postcards. If you are following my blog, and have liked my facebook page, (thank you!) feel free to send me a message if you want a post card sent to you! I love getting mail. If you do too, let me hook you up with one while I'm gone. It's the least I can do. That, and I've lined up a handful of AWESOME guest bloggers in my absence. :^)
Ok, now the awards I'm passing on...
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD: http://but-honestly-em.blogspot.com/ I love New Zealand, and I love But, Honestly. Congrats on the new baby, Emma.
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD: http://aliblahblah.blogspot.com/ Ali Blah Blah is one of the blog I look forward to the most right now. A fairly new discovery for me, and a fantastic read. Every time.
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD: http://twogirlsbeingcrafty.blogspot.com/ Two Girls Being Crafty- talk about non-stop inspiration. I love the variety and hard work behind each craft. Great job, Two Girls!
INSPIRATION AWARD: http://yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com/ At Yellow Bird Yellow Beard, Janee is just awesome. I really appreciate her approach to life. I'm sure that if we lived even a minute closer, I'd be bugging her to hang out with me all the time.
INSPIRATION AWARD: http://waitinthevan.blogspot.com/ What can I say about Wait in the Van? I always look forward to Kristine's posts. She can make any situation (no matter how traumatizing) funny. I heart her.
INSPIRATION AWARD: http://www.grilledcheesesocial.com/ Oh, Grilled Cheese Social... I never knew grilled cheese could be like this. On. Another. Level.
INSPIRATION AWARD: http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/ Almost Bourdain? Bourdain wishes! This blog sets the bar for me. I am awed by the photography, the variety of food she makes, and the overall professionalism. I aspire to be as good as this blog.
That's it! Thanks again so much for the awards, and thank you so much for reading. Enjoy your week.